VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. BY PROVIDING A SUBMISSION, ENTRANT AGREES TO BE BOUND BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
1. SPONSORS. Sponsors are Hawks Cay Resort, 61 Hawks Cay Boulevard, Duck Key, FL 33050 and Brides Across America, 362 N. Main Street, Andover, MA 01810 (hereinafter “Sponsors”).
2. TERM. The 2017 Stars & Stripes Dream Wedding Getaway (“Contest”) begins September 1, 2016 at 9:00 am US Eastern Standard Time (EST) and ends November 20th, 2016 12:00 AM EST. All entries must be received prior to November 20, 2016. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these official rules (“Official Rules”). By submitting an entry, each entrant agrees to the Official Rules and warrants that his or her entry complies with all requirements set out in the Official Rules. This is a skill-based contest and chance plays no part in the
determination of winners.
3. WHO MAY ENTER. Contest is open only to legal residents of the United States, 18 years of age or older, who: (1) currently serve in a branch of the U.S. Military (U.S. Army, U.S. Navy, U.S. Marine Corps, U.S. Air Force); and (2) within the last 5 years have been deployed, or have an upcoming deployment, to Iraq, Afghanistan, Qatar, Bahrain, Libya, Kuwait, Korea, Japan, Africa, Syria, Ukraine, or other areas overseas; (3) must be engaged, or have had a civil ceremony or Justice of the Peace ceremony and planning a wedding within the next 18 months; and (4) may enter into a marriage under Florida law. In addition, those currently serving in the U.S. Coast Guard that have been protecting U.S. waters or borders and have been on a ship for three (3) or more months since January 20, 2014, may also enter if they satisfy (3) and (4) above.
4. HOW TO ENTER. All entries must be submitted in digital format through our online entry form. To enter, please go to the dedicated contest page at www.bridesacrossamerica.com/contest and follow the entry instructions, which include telling your story. After November 20th, five (5) finalists are selected. If selected you will then be required to provide a link to your YouTube video. You must submit an original video, created by you, sharing your love story and demonstrating why you and your fiancé deserve to win. Your Video should answer the following questions:
Your Video must comply with the following requirements (the “Entry Requirements”). The Video can be no longer than 2 minutes and must be in English. The link to your Video must be included on the online entry form, which can be reached through www.bridesacrossamerica.com/contest. The Video must be the entrant’s original, previously unpublished work and not feature or focus on any material owned or controlled by third parties (including without limitation, third party copyrighted material). The entrant must provide upon request all appropriate clearances, permissions and releases for the Video, including any required releases for third parties appearing in the Video. In the event an entrant cannot provide all required releases, Sponsors reserve the right, in Sponsors’ sole discretion, to disqualify the applicable Video, or seek to secure the releases and clearances for Sponsors’ benefit, or allow the applicable Video to remain in Contest. Obscene, provocative, or otherwise objectionable content will not be considered, and such determination is solely at the discretion of Sponsors. There shall be no commercial logos, brands, or other third party intellectual property in the Video (See Section 5 below). Limit one (1) Video per entrant. The Video entries will be judged in accordance with the Judging Criteria, as described in Section 9 below. All video entries must be submitted and received by December 11 at 11:59 am EST. Proof of submission is not proof of receipt.
Videos that fail to adhere to any of the requirements set forth in these Official Rules as determined by Sponsors in their sole discretion, may be disqualified or edited by Sponsor only as specifically provided herein.
Videos posted on YouTube are subject to the terms set by that platform. Please refer to the YouTube Terms of Service and Community Guidelines for details. This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by YouTube.
5. NO THIRD PARTY LOGOS/INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY/TRADEMARKS. Any entrant who incorporates any logos, intellectual property, trademarks or material owned by a third party into his or her Video does so at his or her own risk. If Sponsors are notified that any element of an entrant’s Video infringes upon the rights of another person and/or receives a legally valid request to remove the Video from this Contest because of such infringement, such Video may be removed from and/or disqualified from the Contest, as Sponsors determine in their sole discretion. Further, no entrant will be eligible to receive the prize unless Sponsors determine, in their sole and absolute discretion, that such entrant’s Video has been or can be sufficiently cleared for legal purposes. Sponsors may elect to blur incidental third party trademarks or logos in any entered Video at its sole discretion.
6. MUSIC. Any music included in a Video must be original and all music and/or lyrics must be written and performed solely by you. The composition and performance may not have been published by any third party and must not infringe on third-party rights. If Sponsor determines in its sole discretion that the music you have included in your video is not original, or infringes on any third-party rights, the Sponsors may either disqualify your entry or Sponsor may dub over the music with music selected by the Sponsors in their sole discretion.
7. CONTEST PRIZE. The prize winner shall receive a 2017 Stars & Stripes Dream Wedding Getaway during 2017 at Hawks Cay Resort in Florida Keys. The wedding must be held at Hawks Cay Resort.
Brides Across America will gift the wedding gown, veil, & accessories. Regarding Miscellaneous Partner Services, including services such as wedding cake, photography, flowers, ceremony and reception décor, musicand a day-of coordinator, HAWKS CAY will work with partners to secure the services on a donation or low-cost basis through HAWKS CAY.
The Approximate Retail Value of the prize is $0. Sponsors have exclusive control of any vendors selected for the wedding. No other vendors will be allowed to provide any goods or services whatsoever for the wedding without the Sponsors’ written approval. If winner is unable to travel on the available dates, the prize will be forfeited and Sponsors will select an alternate winner. The prize does not include any travel for the couple, their families, guests, or any other persons to or from the wedding. All travel to the wedding location is the personal responsibility of the bride, groom, wedding party, family, guests and other persons. The prize may not be transferred or assigned by the winner. No cash equivalent will be provided in lieu of the prize. Sponsors reserve the right to substitute the prize in the event of unavailability. Retail value of prize may vary depending on fare fluctuations and other variables. Any difference between the actual retail value of prize and the Approximate Retail Value will not be awarded.
THE WINNER IS REQUIRED TO SIGN AND AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING: (1) AN AFFIDAVIT OF ELIGIBILITY AND LIABILITY RELEASE; (2) WARRANTY OF OWNERSHIP AND LICENSE; AND (3) PUBLICITY RELEASE, UNLESS PROHIBITED BY LAW, WITHIN 15 DAYS FROM THE DATE OF NOTICE IN ORDER FOR SPONSOR TO AWARD THE PRIZE. NONCOMPLIANCE OR RETURN OF PRIZE NOTIFICATION AS UNDELIVERABLE MAY RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION AND SELECTION OF AN ALTERNATE WINNER.
8. ODDS OF WINNING. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received and skill of the entrant.
9. JUDGING CRITERIA AND CONDITIONS AND PUBLIC VOTING. The contest consists of one (1) round of evaluation by judges and a second (2nd) round of evaluation and judges. The judges will use the Judging Criteria set forth below and will choose the top 5 Videos that they determine represent the best love story out of the entrants. The judges will be representatives of the Sponsors, Brides Across America and Hawks Cay. The judges will watch and evaluate the videos starting in December 2016. The judges will evaluate the entries based on the following criteria, and will select the top 5 entries by applying those criteria (“Judging Criteria”):
The top 5 candidates chosen by the judges will proceed to the second round where the the judges will vote based on their video. The top 5 finalists will be contacted by email and asked to sign and submit an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release form. If Sponsors do not receive the signed Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release within two (2) business days of Sponsors’ email request, the finalist may be disqualified, and may not proceed to the finalist round. The winning finalist will be selected and notified by December 2016.
Once the potential winner is identified, then the potential winner must demonstrate that he or she meets the requirements for entering into this contest and signs the following: (1) Warranty of Ownership and License; and (2) Publicity Release. If Sponsors determine the entrant meets the requirements for entering into this contest and did not violate any of these Official Rules, and further signs an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release, a Warranty of Ownership and License, and Publicity Release, then the entrant will be declared the prize winner.
If Sponsors determine that the entrant does not meet the requirements and/or violated any of these Official Rules, then the entrant will be disqualified and Sponsors will select an alternate prize winner.
10. LICENSE. Each entrant retains the copyright to his/her Video, but explicitly grants Sponsors, Brides Across America, their licensees, affiliates and their designees (collectively, the Authorized Parties”) an irrevocable, nonexclusive license for the duration of copyright to use his/her Video for advertising, marketing, and promotional purposes, in any and all media now known or hereafter created, at Authorized Parties’ discretion, without consideration, notification, permission of entrant or any third party.
11. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE. Sponsors and Brides Across America, Inc. and Hawks Cay Resort assume no liability or responsibility resulting from any entrant’s participation in or attempt to participate in the Contest or ability or inability to upload or download any information in connection with participating in the Contest. Sponsors and Brides Across America assume no liability or responsibility for technical problems or technical malfunction arising in connection with any of the following occurrences which may affect the operation of the Contest: hardware or software errors; faulty computer, telephone, cable, satellite, network, electronic, wireless or Internet connectivity or other online communication problems; errors or limitations of any Internet service providers, servers, hosts or providers; garbled, jumbled or faulty data transmissions; failure of any email transmissions to be sent or received; lost, late, delayed or intercepted email transmissions; inaccessibility of the Stars & Stripes Dream Wedding Getaway Contest web page located at bridesacrossamerica.com/contest and any supporting pages, in whole or in part for any reason; traffic congestion on the Internet or the Stars & Stripes Dream Wedding Getaway web page located at bridesacrossamerica.com/contest and any supporting pages; unauthorized human or non-human intervention in the operation of the Contest, including without limitation, unauthorized tampering, hacking, theft, virus, bugs, worms; or destruction of any aspect of the Contest, or loss, miscount, misdirection, inaccessibility or unavailability of an email account used in connection with the Contest. Sponsors and BAA are not responsible for any typographical errors in the announcement of prizes or these Official Rules, or any inaccurate or incorrect data contained on the Stars & Stripes Dream Wedding Getaway Contest web page located at bridesacrossamerica.com/contest and any supporting pages. Use of the Stars & Stripes Dream Wedding Getaway Contest web page located at bridesacrossamerica.com/contest and any supporting pages is at user's own risk. Sponsors, BAA & Hawks Cay, vendors providing goods or services related to the wedding, YouTube, LLC, and each of their respective related companies, and all of its or their company or organization’s officers, directors, employees and agents ("Released Parties") are not responsible for any personal injury or property damage or losses of any kind which may be sustained by entrant's or any other person's computer equipment resulting from participation in the Contest, use of the Stars & Stripes Dream Wedding Getaway Contest web page located at bridalguide.com/givingback and any supporting pages or the download of any information from the Stars & Stripes Dream Wedding Getaway web page located at bridesacrossamerica.com/contest and any supporting pages. By participating in the Contest, the entrant releases the Released Parties from any and all claims, damages or liabilities arising from or relating to such entrant’s participation in the Contest. By accepting the prize, the winner agrees that the Released Parties shall not be liable for any loss or injury resulting from participation in the Contest, or the acceptance, use of any prize, or participation in any event associated with or comprising a part of the prize, including any travel to and from the wedding and any and all events related to the wedding. The Released Parties are not liable in the event that any portion of the Contest or wedding or any scheduled events related to this Contest are cancelled due to weather, fire, strike, acts of war or terrorism, or any other condition beyond their control.
12. CONDITIONS. THIS CONTEST IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. Entrants agree that this Contest shall be subject to and governed by the laws of Florida and the forum for any dispute shall be in the State of Florida. To the extent permitted by law, the right to litigate, to seek injunctive relief or to make any other recourse to judicial or any other procedure in case of disputes or claims resulting from or in connection with this Contest are hereby excluded and any entrant expressly waives any and all such rights. Certain restrictions may apply. Entries are void if the Sponsors determines the Video to not be an original, or if the entries are illegible, incomplete, damaged, irregular, altered, counterfeit, produced in error, obtained through fraud or theft or do not meet the eligibility criteria outlined above.
Participants also agree (1) to be bound by these Official Rules; and (2) that the decisions of the Judges are final and not appealable on all matters relating to the Contest. All federal, state and local taxes, fees and surcharges on prizes are the sole responsibility of the prize winner. In the event that the selected winner of the prize is ineligible or refuses the prize, the prize will be forfeited and Sponsors, in their sole discretion, may choose whether to award the prize to another winner.
The prize winner is responsible for any and all travel to and from the wedding, including all guests. In addition, prize winner is responsible for any travel insurance related to travel to and from the wedding. By accepting the prize, the winner represents that s/he understands and accepts, and has complied with these rules.
13. RIGHT TO CANCEL OR SUSPEND CONTEST. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, due to infection by computer virus, bugs, worms, Trojan horses, denial of service attacks, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsors that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, Sponsors reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual(s) who tamper with the entry process, and/or to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest. If Sponsors elect to cancel or terminate the Contest, Sponsors will not retain any rights to the submitted Videos.
14. WINNERS LIST. For names of the winners send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Brides Across America Inc, 362 North Main St, Andover, MA.
15. DATA PRIVACY. Entrants agree that personal data, especially name and address, may be processed, shared and otherwise used for the purposes and within the context of the Contest and any other purposes outlined in these Official Rules. The data may also be used by the Sponsor in order to verify the participant’s identity, postal address and telephone number or to otherwise verify the participant’s eligibility to participate in the Contest. Participants have the right to access, review, rectify or cancel any personal data held by Sponsor by writing to BAA 362 North Main St Andover, MA 01810. Personal data will be used by Sponsor and its affiliates exclusively for the purposes stated herein.